The Pentax K-1 flagship is built around a 36.4-megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor, Prime IV image-processing engine and SAFOX 12 AF system with 33 AF points. Optimised for high-resolution stills, the weather-sealed K-1 comes without an anti-aliasing filter and is equipped with the company's latest Pixel Shift Resolution function, which uses the camera's 5-axis in-body Shake Reduction mechanism.
This special edition K-1 features a silver-coloured magnesium-alloy body design and offers high-speed shooting at up to 4.4fps, Full HD movie recording, a wide sensitivity range from 100-204,800, 4K time-lapse, Wi-Fi, GPS, and Astrotracer functionality.
- Battery grip: This limited edition model comes with a matching silver battery grip
- Two exclusive batteries: These can be used simultaneously in the camera and in the included battery grip
- Special metal hotshoe cover: The hotshoe cover features a mirror-finished Pentax K-1 Limited Edition Silver logo
- The latest firmware: The K-1 Limited Silver DSLR comes with the latest firmware pre-installed (version 1.41)
- Exclusive product box: This model comes in a special box made just for the limited edition model and accessories
Key Features: Pentax K-1 DSLR Camera
- 36.4MP full-frame CMOS sensor without AA filter
- 5-axis Sensor Shift Shake Reduction, 5 stops
- Prime IV Image Processor
- SAFOX 12 AF system with 33 AF points (25 cross-type)
- Pixel Shift Resolution Motion Capture
- Continuous shooting at up to 4.4 fps
- Full HD 1920x1080p video recording (60i/50i/30p/25p/24p)
- ISO 100-204,800
- 4K Timelapse Movie
- Wi-fi connectivity (can be tethered)
- Crop mode for APS-C lenses
- 3.2" flextilt TFT LCD monitor
- GPS and Astrotracer functionality
- Dust proof and weather resistant
- Magnesium-alloy and metal body design
- 100% Field of View Pentaprism Viewfinder
- Dual SD card slots
- Pentax K lens mount
What You Need to Know | Pentax K-1
- 36x24 mm sensor with 36 MP CMOS Sensor with AA filter-less technology and Pixel Shift Resolution guarantees for outstanding picture quality
- High ISO 204800 supported by new PRIME IV engine standing for a wide area of usable Sensitivity range with Low noise Basic Function
- 100% FOV TTL- Prism Finder for sharp and clear view
- New designed shutter unit for compactness
- Fast and accurate 33 point SAFOX 12 AF System up from -3EV
- Scene Analyse with auto Exposure Mode. The 86000 pixel RGB analysis exposure information, colour, faces movement etc. and create a perfect exposure value for this
- 9 Exposure Modes and Hyper Operating system for 100% control of the exposure parameters
- A lot of Settings for control of the picture (HDR, Skin Tone, CTE, Digital Filter)
- Some creative functions as Multi Exposure or Interval Shooting Mode
- Movie Shooting Full-HD with 4K Interval Movie
- Compatible with all PENTAX Lenses Automatic Switch of usable Sensor field if DA-lenses will be used
- 5 axis built in shake reduction improve performance for 5 shutter steps
- Dust proof and weather resistant and -10°C cold resistant
- Dust removal II system - ultrasonic vibration remove dust
- Operation assist lights with Outdoor View Setting
- Built in GPS, Astrotracer
- Tough and Durable Body with a construction of a chassis from metal and a framework with magnesium alloy
- Newly Designed 1/8000 sec High Speed shutter for a minimum of 300000 releases
- Flexible and new designed Tilt Type vari-angle LCD
- Wi-Fi and Image Sync for Remote Shooting, Image Viewing, and Image Transfer
- Outstanding Operability with new Smart Function Dial
- Customisation of buttons and Control Panel
- 5 USER modes
Features in more detail:
High-resolution, fine-gradation images supported by approximately 36.4 effective megapixels
The K-1 incorporates a newly developed 35 mm format full-frame CMOS image sensor - the first time in a PENTAX K-mount digital SLR camera. It also features an AA (anti-aliasing) filter–free design that puts priority on image resolution. Coupled with a high-speed image processing system and the newly designed PRIME IV imaging engine, capable of 14-bit RAW-format image recording, it optimizes the resolving power of approximately 36.4 effective megapixels to deliver super-high-resolution, fine-gradation images. It also allows for super-high-sensitivity shooting up to ISO 204800, and produces beautiful, high-resolution images over the entire sensitivity range - from the lowest sensitivity to the highest - while effectively minimizing annoying noise at all sensitivity levels.
New-generation SR II five-axis system
- In-body SR mechanism to assure optimal shake reduction performance with all compatible lenses: The K-1 comes equipped with the PENTAX-developed SR II (Shake Reduction II) five-axis mechanism that enables accurate control of the large full-frame image sensor with all compatible PENTAX interchangeable lenses.* In addition to camera shake caused by pitch and yaw, this new system is also designed to effectively compensate for camera shake caused by horizontal and vertical shift (often generated in macro photography) and camera shake caused by roll, which is difficult to deal with by lens-installed shake reduction mechanisms. It has a compensation range of as much as five shutter steps - the widest of all PENTAX digital SLR models - to expand the limits of handheld shooting. Even when taking a panning shot, this system automatically detects the direction of the camera’s movement, and efficiently controls the SR unit to always produce the best image possible without requiring any mode switching operation.
Pixel Shift Resolution System with a new motion correction function
The K-1 features Pixel Shift Resolution System,** the latest super-resolution technology, which captures four images of the same scene by shifting the image sensor by a single pixel for each image, then synthesizes them into a single composite image. Compared to the conventional Bayer system, in which each pixel has only a single colour data unit, this innovative system obtains all colour data in each pixel to deliver super-high-resolution images with far more truthful colours and much finer details than those produced by conventional full-frame image sensors. This system even provides a new motion correction function,*** which automatically detects a moving object during continuous shooting and minimizes negative effects during the synthesizing process, in order to accommodate a wider range of scenes and subjects.
Innovative AA filter simulator to minimize moiré
By applying microscopic vibrations to the image sensor unit at the sub-pixel level during image exposure, the K-1's AA (anti-aliasing) filter simulator**** provides the same level of moiré reduction as an optical AA filter. Unlike an optical filter, which always creates the identical result, this innovative simulator lets the user not only switch the AA filter effect on and off, but also to adjust the level of the effect. This means that the ideal effect can be set for a particular scene or subject based on given photographic conditions.
Supportive shooting functions
Since the K-1’s SR unit has a flexible design that tilts the image sensor unit in all directions, it provides a host of handy shooting functions, including auto level compensation, image-composition fine-adjustment, and ASTRO TRACER, which simplifies advanced astronomical photography using a built-in GPS module.
Flexible tilt-type LCD monitor to accommodate various shooting angles
On its back panel, the K-1 features a newly designed, flexible tilt-type LCD monitor, which can be tilted to the desired angle horizontally, vertically or diagonally with a single action, without deviating from the lens’s optical axis. The user can not only tilt it approximately 35 degrees horizontally and approximately 44 degrees vertically, but also pull it out from its base to view the on-screen image from above for waist-level photography. This large, 3.2-inch LCD monitor has approximately 1,037,000 dots and a 3:2 aspect ratio, and provides a protective tempered-glass front panel for added durability. In addition to its wide-view design, it also features a unique air-gapless construction, in which the air space between LCD layers is eliminated to effectively reduce the reflection and dispersion of light for improved visibility during outdoor shooting. A new Outdoor View Setting mode allows the user to instantly choose the desired monitor brightness level with a single push of a button.
Newly developed SAFOX 12 with 33 sensor points and full-frame-proportioned AF frame
The K-1 features a newly developed SAFOX 12 AF sensor module with an expanded AF frame covering the full-frame image field with 33 AF sensors (25 cross-type sensors positioned in the middle). The centre sensor and the two sensors located just above and below it are designed to detect the light flux of an F2.8 lens, making it easy to obtain pinpoint focus on a subject when using a large-aperture lens. Working together with the advanced PENTAX Real-Time Scene Analysis System, this AF system assures much improved AF tracking performance when photographing fast-moving subjects.
Upgraded PENTAX Real-Time Scene Analysis System, with application of artificial intelligence technology
By combining an approximately 86,000-pixel RGB metering sensor with the new PRIME IV imaging engine, the K-1’s advanced PENTAX Real-Time Scene Analysis System performs real-time analysis of the brightness distribution over the image field and the subject’s colours and movement. Based on this data, it then measures the subject’s lighting conditions with great accuracy and optimizes the exposure. In addition, by adopting a breakthrough artificial intelligence technology called deep learning to its algorithm,* it assesses each individual scene more accurately, and optimizes the exposure settings for a given scene or composition. * Effective when the AUTO exposure mode is set to Scene Analyze Auto and the Custom Image mode is set to Auto Select.
Easy-to-focus optical viewfinder with nearly 100-percent field of view
Newly developed for its 35 mm full-frame design, the K-1’s optical viewfinder provides a nearly 100-percent field of view and an approximately 0.7-times magnification. It comes with a Natural Bright Matt III focusing screen, which is acclaimed for ease of focusing during manual-focus operation and a true-to-life rendition of defocused areas in the viewfinder image. In addition, its transparent viewfinder display makes it possible to superimpose a wide range of photographic data over the viewfinder image.
High-speed continuous shooting with a top speed of approximately 4.4 images per second
The K-1 has a larger shutter unit, which is newly designed to accommodate the camera’s full-frame image sensor. It also incorporates a range of new mechanisms to provide high-speed, high-accuracy control of the mirror unit, including a damper mechanism that effectively minimizes mirror shock. A high-speed data transmission system incorporated in the PRIME IV imaging engine allows the user to continuously record as many as 17 images in the RAW format (or a maximum of 70 images in the JPEG Best format) in a single sequence, at a top speed of approximately 4.4 images per second.
Supportive shooting functions to improve picture-taking efficiency and operational comfort
- Operation assist light function, which provides LED lights at four different spots around the camera body (above the lens mount, behind the LCD monitor, at the memory car slot, and at the cable switch terminal) to facilitate lens and memory card changes, attachment and removal of a cable switch, and control button operation at night and in poorly lit settings.
- Key lock function, which prevents erroneous operation of the four-way controller and other exposure-related control buttons.
- Smart Function, which allows the user to swiftly choose and set desired functions using just the function dial and the set dial on the camera’s upper panel, without referring to the menu screen on the LCD monitor.
- Control panel customize function, which allows the user to change a listing and/or position of the on-screen menu.
Compact, solid body with dustproof, weather-resistant construction
The K-1's top panel and front and back frames are all made of sturdy yet lightweight magnesium alloy. Although the camera features a dependable, durable shutter unit that can withstand 300,000 shutter releases (measured under actual shooting conditions) for professional use, its body has been downsized to the minimum, thanks to the incorporation of a newly designed floating mirror structure. With the inclusion of 87 sealing parts in the body, the K-1 also boasts a dustproof, weather-resistant and cold-resistant construction, assuring solid operation at temperatures as low as -10°C. All these features make the K-1 a dependable, all-purpose performer, even under demanding shooting conditions.
Wireless LAN connection to support smartphone operation
The K-1 provides a host of wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) functions to support the operation with smartphones and tablet computers. By installing the dedicated Image Sync application in a mobile device, the user can remotely check the live-view image, capture still images, and adjust such camera settings as aperture, shutter speed and ISO sensitivity to the desired level through the mobile device. It is even possible to download captured images onto the mobile device, then upload them on social networking service websites.
Full HD movie recording with an array of creative tools
The K-1 captures Full HD movie clips (1920 x 1080 pixels; 60i/30p frame rate) in the H.264 recording format, and comes equipped with a stereo mic terminal for external microphone connection and a headphone terminal. The user can also adjust the audio recording level manually, monitor sound pressure levels during microphone recording, and cut down wind noise using a new wind noise reduction mode. In addition to a host of distinctive visual effects available for movie recording,* the K-1 also provides the interval movie mode, which captures a series of 4K-resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels) movie clips at a fixed interval. * When special image processing is required, the frame rate may vary depending on the selected special-effect mode.
Built-in GPS module
Thanks to its built-in GPS module, the K-1 provides a variety of advanced GPS functions, including the recording of location, latitude, longitude, altitude and UTC (Universal Time Coordinated) and direction at the time of shooting. The user can easily access images containing GPS data using a computer, to browse them, check on shooting locations and position data on the screen, or save them.
The K-1 also provides a set of other unique tools, including: Electronic Compass, which displays the camera's direction on its LCD monitor; GPS log, which keeps track of the photographer's movement; and ASTRO TRACER, which simplifies the tracing and photographing of celestial bodies by coupling GPS data with the camera's SR mechanism.
- High-grade DRII (Dust Removal II) mechanism for effective elimination of dust on the image sensor using ultrasonic vibration
- Crop mode with a choice of image area from AUTO, FF (Full Frame) and APS-C, to accommodate different types of lenses
- Clarity control and Skin Tone correction functions, a pair of the latest image processing technologies developed by RICOH Central Laboratory
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) shooting mode with RAW-format data filing, usable in handheld shooting
- The PENTAX-invented hyper operating system for quick, accurate response to the photographer's creative intentions
- Dual SD card slots for memory card flexibility (compatible with SDXC UHS-1 speed class in SDR104 buss speed mode)
- Compensation of various parameters: lens distortion, lateral chromatic aberration, diffraction, and brightness level at image-field edges. Fringe effect compensation is also available in RAW-format processing.
- Compatibility with PENTAX Image Transmitter 2 tethering software (Software update required from RICOH IMAGING official website)
- Digital Camera Utility 5 software (latest version) included
* Lenses compatible with this mechanism: K-, KA-, KAF-, KAF2- and KAF3-mount lenses; screw-mount lenses (with an adapter); and 645- and 67-system lenses (with an adapter). Some functions may not be available with certain lenses.
Back to top
** When using this system, the user is advised to stabilize the camera firmly on a tripod. When a moving subject is captured in the camera's image field, its image may not be reproduced clearly, either in part or as a whole.
*** The movement may not be sufficiently corrected when the object is moving in a certain direction and/or pattern. This function does not guarantee that the movement is properly corrected with all subjects.
**** This function works most effectively with a shutter speed of 1/1000 second or slower. This function may not be combined with some shooting modes, including the Pixel Shift Resolution system.
Buy Now Pay Later
With the no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Call us to place your order and you can also make a partial payment, the interest charged will be based on the remaining balance. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £68.47
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
The approval of your application depends on your financial circumstances and borrowing history. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan. You will also receive reminder letters and text at the end of the deferral period to remind you when your first payment is due.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.