The Sony Alpha A37 Digital SLT Camera Body is the successor of the Sony A35 SLT and sits next to the Sony A57. The Sony Alpha A37 features Sony's revolutionary Translucent Mirror Technology for lightning-quick shooting of 7 frames per second and precise auto-focus for both still-photos and Full 1080p HD movie shooting, via either the 2.7” Tilt LCD or electronic viewfinder (EVF). The 16.1 megapixel Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor captures the moment in the finest detail, even under dim lighting, and with a wide ISO range of 100-16,000 you can shoot handheld without any noise creeping in to your shots. Framing is a simple, pleasurable experience thanks to Sony's high-resolution Tru-Finder electronic viewfinder, including a high 1440l dot resolution, 100% field of view and stunning contrast. The Auto Portrait Framing mode is a smart in-built feature that creates professional looking portraits for you by using a number of algorithms such as Face Detection and the compositional ‘Rule of Thirds'.
The main features of the Sony Alpha A37 Digital SLT Camera
- 16.1 effective megapixel Exmor™ APS HD CMOS sensor
- High-speed shooting up to 7fps with Full-time Continuous AF in Tele-zoom Continuous Advance Priority AE mode, thanks to the Translucent Mirror Technology
- Responsive, accurate 3-cross 15-point phase detection autofocus
- High-resolution Tru-Finder™ with 100% coverage
- AVCHD (50i/25p) ensures smooth, high quality video
- Auto Portrait Framing for getting a top-quality portrait
- Tiltable LCD making low/high-angle shooting easier
- High sensitivity with wide ISO 100-16000 range
- Clear Image Zoom doubles effective focal length while maintaining full pixel count
- Great results made easy with Superior Auto mode
- Full 1080 HD Movie in 50i/25p (AVCHD/MP4)
- AF - 15 points, 3 type cross sensors
- Auto HDR
- Picture Effect - 11 modes, 15 effects
- 3D Sweep Panorama
Explore the creative world of high-quality imaging and interchangeable lenses with the new SLT-A37 camera with Translucent Mirror Technology from Sony. Light and easy to use, the temptingly-priced a37 broadens artistic options for anyone who’s stepping up from their point-and-shoot compact camera.
Unique to Sony, Translucent Mirror Technology delivers a potent combination of speedy shooting, non-stop phase detection autofocus and continuous live image preview, even when you’re shooting Full HD video (50i/25p). The precision 3-cross 15-point AF system, with tracking autofocus, keeps faces and fast-moving subjects in sharp focus. From action-packed sports to spontaneous family portraits, you’ll capture all the drama and beauty of that special moment.
Translucent Mirror Technology also lets the a37 grab split-second action with a burst of sharply-focused images. Tele-zoom Continuous Advance Priority AE mode magnifies the central portion of the sensor’s image, delivering a crisply-detailed burst of still images at up to seven frames per second - even when your subject’s moving.
Framing and focusing is a pleasure through the high-resolution Tru-Finder™, which matches or exceeds the abilities of many optical viewfinders. With a high 1440k dot resolution, excellent contrast and 100% field of view, this high-performance electronic viewfinder offers the same detail and clarity as the recently-launched SLT-A57. There’s also a special mode to assist comfortable Tru-Finder™ operation for spectacle wearers.
It’s easy to give your shots that professional polish. Adjustments to exposure and other creative picture settings can be previewed in real time, either via the Tru-Finder™ or the tilt-angle 6.7 cm (2.7") Clear Photo LCD screen.
The a37 helps inexperienced photographers craft top-quality portraits without effort. Auto Portrait Framing mode identifies your subject’s position, trimming the scene to create beautifully composed, high-resolution portraits using the compositional ‘rule of thirds’. Unique to Sony, By Pixel Super Resolution Technology ensures that cropped, zoomed portraits retain a full pixel count to flatter your subject.
Getting close to the action used to mean packing a more powerful lens, but now you can enjoy high-quality close-ups with 2x Clear Image Zoom, doubling effective magnification of your lens. By Pixel Super Resolution Technology maintains superb image detail, tones and textures. Ideal for travel and everyday shooting, it’s a great way to boost your maximum focal length without carrying extra hardware.
The 16.1 effective megapixel Exmor™ APS HD CMOS sensor inside the a37 captures finely-detailed, low noise stills and Full HD video. It’s teamed with the latest BIONZ image processor that extends sensitivity to a generous ISO 100-16000 range, broadening options for atmospheric low-light shooting without flash. Shared with all a SLT cameras, SteadyShot INSIDE cuts the effects of camera shake by up to 4.0 stops for clearer handheld images with any A-mount lens.
The a37 takes the guesswork out of choosing the right camera settings for virtually any shooting situation. Superior Auto mode intelligently recognises a wide range of scenes and subjects, adjusting exposure and other picture settings for effortlessly accomplished results.
Back to top
- Type: Interchangeable lens digital camera with Translucent Mirror Technology
- Lens Compatibility : A-mount lens system. Operation also confirmed with Minolta and Konica Minolta AF lenses
- Image Sensor : APS-C type (23.5 x15.6 mm) Exmor™ APS HD CMOS sensor with 16.1 effective megapixels
- Processor: BIONZ™ image processor
- ISO Sensitivity Range : ISO 100 – 16000 (still images)
- HD movie record : Full HD AVCHD 1920 x 1080 50i*/25p; MP4 1440 x 1080 25fps / *25fps image sensor output
- Electronic Viewfinder : TruFinder™ electronic viewfinder with approx. 1,440k dots effective resolution (max.) and 100% coverage
- LCD : 6.7 cm (2.7") Clear Photo LCD with 230k dot resolution; tilts up or down
- Digital Zoom : Clear Image Zoom: approx. 2x (still images)
- Smart Zoom: approx. 1.4x/2x (still images)
- Digital Zoom: approx. 4x (still images / movies)
- SteadyShot™ INSIDE : YES
- Autofocus System : TTL 15-point phase detection AF system with 3 cross sensors; Object Tracking AF
- Picture Effect: 11 types (15 variations): Posterization (Colour, B/W), Pop Colour, Retro Photo, Partial Colour (R,G,B,Y), High Contrast Monochrome, Toy Camera, Soft High-key, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-tone Monochrome, Miniature
- Continuous Burst Shooting: Up to 7 frames per second (Tele-zoom Continuous Advance Priority AE mode) / Up to 5.5 frames per second (full resolution)
- Battery life (still images): Approx. 450 shots (Viewfinder) / approx. 500 shots (LCD monitor) (CIPA measurement)
- Built-in Flash: GN10 (in metres at ISO 100)
- Other features: Auto Portrait Framing and Self-Portrait; Face Detection and Smile Shutter; Superior AUTO; Sweep Panorama (2D/3D); Auto HDR; DRO; Hand-held Twilight mode; Creative Styles
- Media: Memory Stick PRO Duo / Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo; SD / SDHC / SDXC
- Dimensions (WxHxD): Approx. 124.4 mm × 92 mm × 84.7 mm (excluding protrusions)
- Weight: Approx. 448g (body only)/ Approx. 506g (with battery and Memory Stick PRO Duo)
- Supplied software: PlayMemories Home; Image Data Convertor
Back to top
||USB 2.0, Mini HDMI
||11 modes, 15 effects
||JPEG, RAW, RAW + JPEG, AVCHD, MPEG-4
|Flash Guide Number
||ADI / Pre-flash TTL
|Flash Sync Speed
|Frames Per Second
|Memory Card Format
||SD/SDHC/SDXC/Memory Stick Pro Duo/ Pro-HG Duo
|Screen Resolution (Pixels)
||23.5 x 15.6 mm
|Shutter Speed, Maximum
|Shutter Speed, Minimum
Buy Now Pay Later
With our no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £11.71
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
Credit is subject to application and status. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.