The Sony Alpha a900 is a beautifully crafted digital SLR camera designed to deliver the levels of creativity demanded by professionals whilst also being capable of maintaining the performance required of a busy working photographer. The Sony Alpha a900 is a full-frame 24.6 megapixel DSLR with a fast and accurate 9-point AF with 10 focus assist points, 5fps continuous shooting at full resolution and a high resolution 3" Xtra Fine LCD. The digital SLR camera also features an "Exmor" CMOS sensor, an expandable ISO 200-3200 range and Steady Shot Inside. Steady Shot Inside is an enhanced in-body optical stabilisation system which delivers up to 4 steps of anti-shake correction when used with any compatible lens.
Features of the Sony Alpha a900
- Ultra-high resolution 24.6 effective megapixel 35mm full-frame CMOS sensor with Exmor technology plus on-chip A/D conversion and dual noise reduction for flawless, detail packed images
- Ultra-bright optical pentaprism viewfinder with 100% field coverage
- Advanced new Dual Bionz image processor utilises performance of 24.6 effective megapixel full-frame sensor for ultimate imaging performance
- SteadyShot Inside optical image stabilisation offers 2.5-4.0 steps anti-shake performance with a-mount lenses or Konica Minolta a-mount lenses
- 5fps continuous shooting at full resolution 24.6 megapixels
- Photo quality 3.0-inch Xtra Fine 921k dot resolution LCD screen for critical shot evaluation
- Fast, high-accuracy 9-point centre cross AF with 10 focus assist points and F2.8 sensor
- Rugged magnesium body with aluminium alloy chassis and controls sealed against dust and moisture
- High sensitivity up to ISO6400 (in expanded ISO range) with high-ISO noise reduction for clearer low-light shooting
- Secondary top-mounted display panel
- Evolved D-Range Optimiser delivers beautifully balanced exposures with rich shadow and highlight detail, especially in back-lit situations
- Intuitive Quick Navi display for fast, easy access to camera settings
- Intelligent preview gives immediate feedback of adjustment settings
- High-capacity InfoLithium battery allows up to 880 shots between charges (using viewfinder) with % display of power remaining (CIPA measurement)
- Dual anti-dust system protects sensor during lens exchange
- User replaceable high-quality focusing screens (option) in L-type (grid pattern) and M-type (super spherical acute matte)
- HDMI output for viewing on HD Ready display plus PhotoTV HD mode for optimised Full HD images on compatible Bravia television
Sony Alpha a900 - Seriously Super
The Sony Alpha a900 digital SLR camera features a 24.6 megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor. The super-high pixel count is equivalent to a 35mm film frame, enabling you to take pictures of extraordinary detail in a wide dynamic range. The sensor is able to capture flawless images with accurate tonal representation and true-to-life vibrant colours. The sensor is complemented by the Exmor on-chip A/D conversion and two-stage noise reduction process.
Sony Alpha a900 - Seriously Staggering
Advanced dual Bionz processors enable the Sony Alpha a900 digital SLR camera to cope with huge amounts of image data at a high speed, whilst the ground-glass optical pentaprism viewfinder provides exceptional brightness and a field of view that covers 100% (approx.) of the full-frame sensor's imaging area.
Sony Alpha a900 - Seriously Steady
The Sony Alpha a900 offers a highly accurate and extremely fast 9-point AF system to ensure you never miss your shot. The Sony digital SLR camera also offers 10 focus assist points which help subject detection, improved out-of-focus detection and a dedicated f2.8 sensor for enhanced AF accuracy with wide aperture lenses. The Alpha a900 digital SLR also features SteadyShot Inside for enhanced in-body optical stabilisation, delivering up to 4 steps of anti-shake correction - great news for handheld shooting.
Sony Alpha a900 - Seriously Stylish
Ruggedly constructed from a high-tensile aluminium chassis with magnesium alloy panels, the Sony Alpha a900 is a durable yet stylish digital SLR. The camera protects the viewfinder, card slots, controls and other sensitive areas with rubber sealing and the inner components are protected by an anti-dust system that keeps the sensor safe from the effects of dust that enters the body during lens swapping.
Sony Alpha a900 - Seriously Simple
All your images can be viewed on the digital SLR camera's fantastic 3" LCD screen. The Xtra Fine LCD provides high-clarity viewing even in sunlight, and the Sony Alpha a900 offers a wide choice of index options, plus a full-featured histogram and shooting information display. One button touch switches the LCD display to Quick Navi mode, so the camera settings can be adjusted without disrupting your workflow.
Sony Alpha a900 - Seriously Sorted
Back to top
The Sony Alpha a900 has an optional VG-C90AM Vertical Grip which holds up to two high-capacity batteries for extended shooting time. All the major controls are available in vertical holding for easy operation and the grip is designed in the same materials as the Sony Alpha a900 digital SLR, giving the grip and body a smooth finish. There is a wide-range of fully compatible Alpha lenses to enable you to reach the full potential of the Sony Alpha a900 digital SLR.
Back to top
||9 points with centre dual-cross sensor + 10 assist focus points
||USB 2.0, HDMI, Video Out
||AE, P, M, Ap, Sp
||JPEG, RAW, RAW+JPEG, 16:9 selectable
||ADI, Pre-flash TTL
|Flash Sync Speed
||Hotshoe, Sync Socket
|Frames Per Second
||Sony / Minolta
|Memory Card Format
||Compact Flash Type I / II / MicroDrive slot. Memory Stick Duo / MS Pro Duo and MS-PRO HG with optional adaptor
||40-segment honeycomb-pattern SPC
|Screen Resolution (Pixels)
|Shutter Speed, Minimum
|View Finder Coverage
Buy Now Pay Later
With our no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £85.73
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
The approval of your application depends on your financial circumstances and borrowing history. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photo Video act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.