Wex Photo Video Glasgow
Address: 240a Bath Street
Glasgow, G2 4JW
Manager: Michael Fraser
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0141 353 0875Get Directions
Monday 09:00 - 17:00
Tuesday 09:00 - 17:00
Wednesday 10:00 - 17:00
Thursday 09:00 - 17:00
Friday 09:00 - 17:00
Saturday 09:00 - 17:00
Sunday 10:00 - 17:00
View used stock at Glasgow
Wex Photo Video Glasgow is your destination for photographic equipment and accessories. Benefit from our team’s knowledge and experience and receive independent impartial advice that’s tailored to your needs, not sales targets. Our success depends on helping you to thrive in the world of image production.
What to expect in store
The Latest Cameras and Lenses
Our range of second-hand equipment is constantly evolving from day to day, visit in-store and see what unique items we have on offer. All second-hand items are sold with a 12-month limited warranty.
Bags and Tripods
We have every type of bag or camera case you need from small to large. Our range of tripods and monopods will keep your images steady.
Lighting and studio
Our specialised range of lighting and studio equipment focuses on flash photography but we also offer constant lighting for video production.
From batteries to memory cards and filters we have everything you need to help realise your creative vision with ease.
Printing and consumables
With a select range of printers available we also have everything, you need to keep printing, with ink and a wide selection of photo papers in a range of finishes and sizes.
Fujifilm GFX Centre Of Excellence
World's first dedicated GFX Centre Of Excellence, where you can try and get advice about the latest technology and kit in the GFX range.
This is just a selection of what we have to offer at Wex Glasgow, visit us in-store to see our full range.
Get hands-on with a huge range of demo gear from cameras and accessories to lighting and studio equipment.
Get free and impartial advice in-person or over the phone.
Choose from a wide range of equipment including cameras, lighting and accessories at competitive rates, book with our rental team then collect it from the store.
Drop off your equipment in-store for repair and servicing with our expert repair centre Fixation.
Treat your sensor to an expert clean. Book an appointment »
Exchange your old equipment and receive credit in store against a new purchase. Find out more »
Receive a free, 30 minute, introductory workshop with our experts when you buy a camera from Wex. Book an appointment »
Browse our website and collect your items in-store for free.
Free home delivery from store to home when you spend over £50*.
Join us for In-store and local photo and video events, demo sessions and training »
Are you a student and need some extra space to shoot? No problem, at selected Wex stores, you can use our seminar and studio space, for free. Simply select your store, find an available time and book. Upon arrival, please have ready your valid student ID card. Without it and you will not be able to use the studio space. *Please note that we do not allow boudoir, pageantry or other shoots containing nudity of any kind in our spaces.
In store trade-in, is as easy as 1,2,3:
- Fill in our online form to get an instant estimate for your kit
- Bring your items to the store for assessment
- Receive an offer for your equipment 24 hours later to use against a new purchase
During busy times we send some of our trade-ins to our central team in Norwich for assessment, quotes usually come back within the 24 hours quote period.
Fixation Glasgow collection and drop-off point
Based in London, Fixation is our photographic repair specialist trusted by major UK businesses, publications, corporations and professionals. Established in 1988, Fixation has developed a reputation for unrivalled technical expertise and excellent customer service. Fixation’s repair services are approved by Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fujifilm, Profoto, Quantum and Bowens. The excellent reputation of the Fixation team is built on rigorous training and expertise, with the team’s combined industry experience totalling several centuries.
Fixation test equipment is supplied by the manufacturer so you can be sure your kit is returned to the factory standard. Fixation always use genuine spare parts and guarantee their services for 6 months. Fixation services includes sensor cleaning, focus calibration, warranty repairs and quotes for insurance. Studio companies or photographers in Glasgow can now drop off kit locally and if we can’t repair your kit in store we will ship your items securely to our London workshop for inspection and repair. Or simply complete our online repair form and send your equipment directly to us.
Wex Rental Glasgow collection and drop-off point
All rental bookings must be placed in advance as we check and sanitise all kit prior to despatch. Simply place your order online, by phone or email, or you can book in-store. If you are a first-time customer our booking team will need to verify your ID and address. Please note that we are occasionally required to verify your identity before despatching some orders. Learn more about the process and information required and our account options.
Choose whether you want to collect your order from Wex Glasgow or have it delivered to your address. If you need to extend the length of your rental order, please contact our rental department and we will be happy to extend your rental period where available and re-quote. You can either drop off your rental equipment at Wex Glasgow on your scheduled return date, or we can arrange collection from your address. Alternatively, you can return the equipment to us via a secure and insured method. Once we have the equipment back with us, it is fully checked and tested, any deposit held is refunded.
Our hire rates are calculated on a daily basis with the start date being the first chargeable day and the end date being the last chargeable rental day, we do offer special weekend and weekly rates, and you can open a rental account with Wex to maximise how much you get out of our rental services, including 30-day payment terms and no up-front deposit. We also offer a price promise to anyone interested in using our service. If you come across an item from our rental range that is being offered at a cheaper rate by another rental company (including online-only companies), get in touch and we will match their price.
Meet the Wex Photo Video Glasgow Team
- Street, Portrait and Studio Photographer
- Passionate 50mm shooter achieving dreamy smooth backgrounds.
- Experience in management for over 6 years.
- Uses a Canon 5D Mark III for studio shoots.
- Travelled the world between 18-20 years old as a cruise ship photographer
Senior Sales Consultant
- Wedding & street photographer
- Loves to shoot with Canon EOS R6 and EF50 f1.2
- Freelance wedding photographer for over 6 years, servicing diverse range of cultures
- Previously worked as Canon representative at trade shows and Canon Professional Services events
- Loves nature, contemporary art and visiting galleries
- Over 40 years of experience in Commercial Studio and Industrial Photographer
- Fujifilm X-System shooter for digital
- Still shooting analogue in 35mm, 120 and 4x5 large format
- Enjoys all types of photography
- Shoots with Nikon and Fujifilm
- Active in the photo industry for over 40 years
- Passionate in Landscapes of Scotland
- Shoots with Fujifilm X-series
- Hobbyist photographer
- Many years of photographic retail experience
- Shoots with Leica M & Q.
- Develops 35mm in the kitchen sink.
- Restores and Archives old slides.
- Shares photography videos on YouTube.
- Photographer & Videographer with over a decade of experience in the field.
- Shooting on Canon for photography and Lumix for videography.
- Always looking to shoot in more creative ways, more recently from the air thanks to Dji.
- Passionate about documentary filmmaking and cocktail/brand photography.