Wex Photo Video Birmingham
Address: Retail Unit 1
100 Hagley Road
Birmingham, B16 8LT
Manager: Adele Downing
Phone: 0121 326 7636Get Directions
In light of the current public-health crisis, we have taken the difficult decision to temporarily close all our stores from the end of Monday 23 March. We apologise for the inconvenience this will no doubt cause.
However, while our stores may be shut, the Wex Photo Video website and call centre remain very much open and operating as normal, save for a few delivery delays owing to reduced capacity at our carrier. Head to www.wex.co.uk to browse our unparalleled range and place an order, call 01603 486413 or speak to us via Live Chat or WhatsApp. We will also be maintaining our blog, video and social channels to provide online courses, advice, inspiration and a sense of community during this challenging time.
We’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support. Stay safe, look after each other and we look forward to seeing you in our stores before too long.
The brand new Wex Photo Video Birmingham store (opened January 2020) is your destination for photo, video and studio equipment. With an improved shopping experience, better choice of products and services, benefit from the same team’s vast knowledge and experience. We pride ourselves on our independent impartial advice that’s tailored to your needs, not sales targets. Our success depends on helping you to thrive in the world of image production.
We offer the following services at Wex Photo Video Birmingham:
- Get your hands on and play with a range of demonstration gear
- Attend educational and creative events
- Get free and impartial advice in person or over the phone
- Benefit from equipment rental collection
- Learn about new gear when manufacturers demonstrate new products in-store
- Breathe new life into broken kit with our repair service
- Treat your camera to an expert sensor clean
- Trade your old kit to make that new purchase easier on your budget. Please request a quote online and we'll organise an appointment in-store
- Access quality 1 on 1 camera setup advice when you purchase a camera
- Buy used and pre-loved gear that’s fairly and reliably rated for condition
Getting to Wex Photo Video Birmingham is easy – we’re just outside of the city centre on Hagley Road (A456). If you’re travelling by car, you can use our off-street customer car park for free. If you’re coming by train, the Five Ways railway station is less than a mile away from us. You can also catch a regular bus from Birmingham city centre, which stops nearby.
Meet the Birmingham team
- Experienced with medium format film studio photography
- Currently uses an X series Fujifilm
- Most common model is a Jack Russel called Kell-Dude
- Specialises in wedding, events and commercial photography
- Uses Canon DSLRs
- Photographer and Videographer
- Worked in advertising and broadcast for 13 years
- Experienced with Canon, BMC, Sony & Panasonic
- Currently shoots with a Fuji X-T3
- Cinematographer specialising in short film production
- Experienced with Canon, Sony, and Black Magic
- Has a hobby producing time lapse photography
- Uses a Canon M50
- Shoots landscape Milky Way & Deep Sky Astrophotography
- Uses Nikon, Fujifilm.
- Specialises in Wildlife and Astrophotography.
- Passion for Film Photography and Vintage film Cameras
- Passion for film photography, still developing on my own B&W films
- Specialises in street, travel and documentary photography
- Uses Fuji, Nikon and old film cameras
- Experienced in medium format, 35mm and digital