Wex Photo Video Manchester
Address: Unit 4, Downing Street Ind Est
Manchester, M12 6HH
Manager: Guy Hodgkiss-Cook
Phone: 0161 274 4455Get Directions
In light of the current public-health crisis, we have taken the difficult decision to temporarily close all our stores from the end of Monday 23 March. We apologise for the inconvenience this will no doubt cause.
However, while our stores may be shut, the Wex Photo Video website and call centre remain very much open and operating as normal, save for a few delivery delays owing to reduced capacity at our carrier. Head to www.wex.co.uk to browse our unparalleled range and place an order, call 01603 486413 or speak to us via Live Chat or WhatsApp. We will also be maintaining our blog, video and social channels to provide online courses, advice, inspiration and a sense of community during this challenging time.
We’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support. Stay safe, look after each other and we look forward to seeing you in our stores before too long.
Fixation Service Counter
The Fixation service counter at Wex Photo Video Manchester provides professional sensor cleaning, focus calibration, repairs advice and acts as a drop-off and collection point for items going to the Fixation London workshop. Fixation is a professional service centre based in London, dedicated to providing authorised repairs for Canon, Nikon, Sony, Profoto, Tamron, AquaTech and Bowens equipment.
Wex Photo Video Manchester is your destination for photographic and video equipment. Benefit from our team’s knowledge and experience and receive independent impartial advice that’s tailored to your needs, not sales targets. Our success depends on helping you to thrive in the world of image production.
We offer the following services at Wex Photo Video Manchester:
- Get your hands on and play with a range of demonstration gear
- Attend educational and creative events
- Get free and impartial advice in person or over the phone
- Browse our specialist Pro Video stock
- Benefit from equipment rental
- Learn about new gear when manufacturers demonstrate new products in-store
- Breathe new life into broken kit at our Fixation Service Counter
- Treat your camera to an expert sensor clean
- Trade your old kit to make that new purchase easier on your budget. Please request a quote online and we'll organise an appointment in-store
- Access quality 1 on 1 camera setup advice when you purchase a camera
- Buy used and pre-loved gear that’s fairly and reliably rated for condition
Getting to Wex Photo Video’s Manchester store is easy – if you’re visiting us by train, we’re a 10 minute walk from Manchester Piccadilly station. From there, follow the London Road, go under the railway bridges, onto Downing Street, and you can find us just off the main road. If you’re travelling by car, your sat-nav will ensure you arrive at successfully (M12 6HH). We’re on the A6, which is easily accessible from the A635 and the city centre and we have free off-road customer parking.
Meet the Wex Photo Video Manchester Team
- 15 years in retail leadership
- Passionate about customer service
- Specialist in Canon
- Events & live music photography
- Sony user
- Enviromental portraiture
- Shoots actor headshots
- Conceptual, fashion and travel photography
- Interested in visual sociology
- Fan of Sebastião Salgado’s work
- Canon and Profoto lover
- Completely brand impartial when it comes to Cameras but currently shoots on a Sony A7 III
- Videographer / Filmmaker with 10 years of experience
- Keen Travel Photographer
- Shoots short film/documentary
- Panasonic user
- Panasonic user
- 5 years’ experience as a videographer for fashion brand, music videos and live events
- Fashion model for sports brands (JD,Footlocker etc)
- Bronze Steadicam certification holder
- 4 years experience in film photography
- Olympus user
- Portrait specialist
- Experienced film developer